expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

7 May 2014

Batiste XXL Plumping Powder Review

I have had this for about 2 months since I got my hair cut shorter. I was suffering from severely flat hair seen as all the damaged hair had been cut out which left me with super soft but very flat hair. A fellow blogger (Sarah at Seriously Shallow) recommended this to me, so I thought I would give it a go.

Batiste-XXL-Plumping-Powder-Review



This product comes in a small shaker which is an ideal size for chucking in your handbag. I shook a little bit out onto my finger tips to see how it felt and the first thing I noticed was it's bizarre texture. It comes out like a powder then when you rub it between your fingers it feels sticky, it is really weird. I thought I would give it a go so I sectioned off my hair and sprinkled it onto the roots massaging it in with fingertips. I was pretty disgusted at this once I had done it as it felt like someone had rubbed my roots with Pritt Stick. It really does feel gross and I feel sorry for any man who wants to run his fingers through your hair.

However...

It works! It is by far the best volume giving product I own and so quick to apply. It lasts really well as to reactivate it you just rub your fingers through your roots again. I guess it works by creating a textured coating on the hair which when rubbed makes the individual hairs stand out again each other. The other things I like about this is that it doesn't smell of anything, and even on my dark roots it is undetectable.

batiste-xxl-powder-review-before-and-after
The wall in my bedroom seems to have changed from Cream to Green in the photo???


Do I like it?


Yes, I will definitely be repurchasing it.

Would I use it everyday day?


No. The feeling is too weird, but it is great for going out. It also needs a double shampoo to get it out, I am sat here now with freshly washed hair after using it last night and I think there is still some lurking about up top.

Pros

  • Size - a third of the size of a bottle of dry shampoo plus no aerosol so better for the enviroment
  • Gives Your hair serious volume
  • Invisible on the hair
  • Complete Bargain

Cons

  • The feel, it’s revolting


£3.99 at Superdrug or Boots

Overall Rating - 4 stars (would be 5 if it didn’t feel like glue)


1 comment:

  1. So glad you liked it! Although you're right about the texture - its a bit weird! Great for a night out though. Its a good secret weapon :)

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative