expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

2 Aug 2016

Sjal - The Skincare Brand for Russian Oligarchs

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

I was slightly amused/intrigued when the lovely people from Sjal inquired whether I would be interested in trying their opulent brand.  It's billed as being charged with precious materials including, gold, silver, platinum, diamond and ruby, and I REALLY wanted to see what it would be like. The brand has many famous advocates of likes of Angelina Jolie, Sarah Jessica Parker, Naomi Watts, Jessica Biel and Uma Thurman.




I genuinely wanted to not like it, mainly because it’s hardly a bargain buy, but unfortunately for me and many investment banker husbands, it’s lush!

I tried the Balans Deep Pore Cleanser which is a gel-like cleanser designed to reduce pores, increase oxygenation, soften and sooth.  I found it hopeless at removing eye makeup but fantastic as a second deep cleanse after the first oil based cleanse to remove makeup.  It leaves your skin feeling super clean but not at all stripped.  I tried it on both damp and dry skin, and found it worked markedly better on dry skin.  You don’t need a massive amount, perhaps a 20p worth and it smooths on easily allowing you to massage it in easily. I can’t say I am a fan of the packaging but I don’t really care much for packaging anyway. My favourite result from the cleanser is the immediate reduction in pore size, which as I get older is the bane of my life.  If you are struggling with open enlarged pores this may well be worth a try.

I also tried the Mineral Kalla Energy Tonic which is very much in the vane of a Korean Essence.  It hopes to lock in moisture alongside healing and protecting your skins barrier.  It uses hyaluronic acid as the main moisture retention ingredient along with a plethora of “natural” extracts which, to be frank, I haven’t the slightest clue what they do.  This left my skin feeling divinely refreshed and again no tightening due to the moisture imparting ingredients.  I was pretty gutted when this finished mainly due to the price for replacement.

At £47 for 150ml of toner, I can’t say I will be rushing out to repurchase, but if I could buy it on offer or as a gift I would be very interested.

What are your feelings on top end skincare?  Do you subscribe to the mantra that "you get what you pay for"?




1 comment:

  1. Looks like a really nice brand! Personally, I would pay more for something that sits on your skin all day. So I don't think you need to shell out a lot for something like a cleanser, but if it's a serum or moisturiser then a higher end brand is worth considering. However, a lot of the time you're paying for marketing and advertising and not the actual product, which is why I tend to go for lesser known brands. Will definitely look out for Sjal, not heard of them before.

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative