expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

5 May 2014

My Healthy Nail Dream Team

I love nail products as much as the next blogger, but sometimes overzealous usage of said products can result in flaky peely nails and so here are my pick of the bunch when it comes to looking after my nails.

Best-Healthy-Nail-Products


Best Base Coat


OPI Nail Envy
I can't believe there was ever a time when I didn't use this!  It is easy to apply, and even on it's own looks good.  You can apply this everyday as a nail repair product, or just 1 or 2 coats under your polish to stop staining and help strengthen your nails.  It isn't cheap, but the brush can actually get nearly all the product out so you should get a lot for your money.  I like that it gives my nails a finished polished look for everyday whilst also doing them some good.  This is usually about £18 yet Amazon have air for under £10 at the moment.

OPI Nail Envy Nail £9.65

Best Ever Top Coat Ever in the World Without Doubt


Seche Vite
This is such and obvious winner, but there is a good reason for that, it works! It's super shiny, it helps your nails dry quicker and it seals the ends well to help avoid chipping.  I never ever wear polish without it and it has the power to make cheap polishes look good. It is super cheap at Amazon at the moment, just £5.61 so if you have never bought a bottle, get yourself over there now and do so, you will not regret it.  Important note, this needs to be applied on top of wet polish or it is just pants.

Best Nail File


Leighton Denny Crystal Nail File
I know your thinking "crazy lady, a nail file is just a nail file" well your wrong. Normal nail files, even the salon quality ones are just fine sandpaper, they do a good job of neatening ragged edges but at a price.  The nail end is left damaged as it has lots of tiny cuts in it and this allows water to get in and then they split.  The crystal/glass version have such a smooth abrasive surface that they don't create anywhere near the same level of damage and so your nail ends stay intact.  I have 2 versions of this, the Leighton Denny one and a small Paname one, both are equally good.

Paname Glass Nail File £5.36
Leighton Denny Nail File £12.50


Best Cuticle Product


CND Solar Oil
I don't have cuticles on my hands so this os not needed there but on my toe nails, well the less said the better.  In summer I brush a small amount of this on my toe cuticles everyday I am wearing sandals, and it gives your toes a much prettier finish, i softens and moisturises so your cuticles become invisible. I got 2 mini bottles off eBay so I have one next to my bed and one by my computer downstairs.

CND Solar Oil Mini Size 3.7ml x 2 bottles £5.50

What do you use when you need to get your nails back in good condition?








2 comments:

  1. I've never tried Seche Vite, but you're making me want to! :)
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is an amazing top coat, I have had the Nails Inc one and the Sally Hansen one, and this is loads better, the shine is like nothing else. xx

      Delete

Google Analytics Alternative