expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

23 Nov 2012

These Are a Few of My Favourite Things...

I have had such an inspirational (yet also lazy) week so I thought I would share some of the great things I have found this week.

Beauty

Essie The Main Collection Mademoiselle #384- this is not new, in fact it is the colour Kate Middleton wore for her wedding, it is beautiful though.  It wears well, goes on so quickly and is a lovely delicate colour, just perfect for naturally elegant nails.

RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream, 1-Ounce - I have just ordered this as I am getting more fine lines and wrinkles.  I am hoping this will help me by preventing them getting worse.  The reviews look great but only if you have have normal-oily skin. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

- MUA Blush Perfection in Dolly - I won this on another Blog! I was so happy to actually win something, as I rarely enter competitions.  I got 2 blushers and the Dolly one is so pretty on.  It isn't as long lasting as the Daniel Sandler Watercolour that I usually use, but the colour is so cute.  Here is the original review on Dutchess Roz's great site.
http://www.dutchessroz.com/2012/11/mua-blush-perfection-cream-blush.html

Books

- Entre Nous: A Woman's Guide to Finding Her Inner French Girl
I have just received my copy of and started reading it last night in the bath. I love it so far, it is nicely written but not too heavy, I am hoping to be able to dip in and out of it over the next week.  My favourite quote so far.

"Engage in real, in-the-moment pleasure, not mindless entertainment.  Feed your mind" 

Colin Cowie Chic: The Guide to Life As It Should Be - I love this book, I have just gone back to it for inspiration for my dressing room.  He is undoubtedly one of the most OCD people I have ever read about, but he knows what it takes to live a chic life (just not the relaxed part)

Wolf Hall - I am still reading this, it is over 600 pages, and I am thoroughly enjoying savouring the great characters that Hilary has brought to life.  Must read for fans of the Tudors.


Recipe Books

- Food of France (Food Of Series) - This book is great, I have owned it for about 10 years but with my renewed interest in cooking rich French food, it has been used lots recently. My favourite recipes include;
Pate en Croute - pate in a pastry case
Oeufs en Croustade - eggs in bread with hollandaise
Chicken Liver Pate - so good, and easy.

- French Delicious Classic Cuisine Made Easy - This is an all-time favourite, the stuffed cabbage (weird sounding I know!) is one of my husbands most asked for dishes.  My other favourites include;
Twice Baked Cheese Souffle - easy dinner party dish, and uses up bits of cheese from the fridge
Chicken Veronique - chicken with a cream, white wine and grape sauce
Pork with Camembert - this is amazing, we tend to add green or pink peppercorns to it too.

- New British Classics - By Gary Rhodes - another classic in our house.  He is a complete perfectionist and it always makes me laugh how exact the instructions in his recipes are, but if you want Michelin quality meals, then he's your guy. My best recipes include;
Rack on Black -loin of lamb with black pudding
Smoked Haddock Welsh Rarebit - smoked haddock with a cheese topping served on a tomato salad.
Sticky Toffee Pudding Ice Cream - no explanation needed.

As you can probably see my spending less resolution is still failing miserably.

Has anyone else read any of these books or tried the Essie Polish?

xo





2 comments:

  1. I think I'm the only person Essie Mademoiselle does not look good on. It slightly clashes with my skin tone. I have a hard time finding the right delicate sheer polish in any brand though. Entre Nous is my holy grail book and I've had it for so long. I re-read it a lot. I've borrowed the Colin Cowie book from the library and enjoyed that too. He is one organized person! I'm going to see if my library has Wolf Hall. It sounds like something I might like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sooo hard finding the right nude, what works for one person invariably doesn't for another. I think Mademoiselle is quite pink so maybe if you have yellow undertones it may not work???
    I had heard so much about Entre Nous, I decided to take the plunge, shame it's not on the kindle though as I don't like not being able to have easy access to my books. I hope you like Wolf Hall, the woman who wrote it won 2 Man-Booker prizes. She was the first women ever to do this, so I thought I owed it a read.

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative