expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

15 Sept 2014

FAB First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads Review

I have been using these for about 2 weeks now so I feel it is time for a review.

I first read about them on Caroline Hirons blog.  What attracted me to them was the promise of a gentle exfoliation and brighter skin. I regularly have congested skin and as I get older, my skin has also dulled.  I use Aspirin masks and my Clarisonic to help with exfoliation, but I wanted something more regular, so I took the plunge with these.
They weren't cheap at £16, but then neither were they crazily expensive. You get 60 pads which I use once a day, so I should get 2 months use out of them (look at me and my super-advanced maths!)

FAB-First-Aid-Beauty-Facial-Radiance-Pads-review


They are labelled as fragrance free but they have a very definate smell, that whilst not unpleasant, it is not entirely delectable either.  The packaging is pretty unimaginative, but does the job.  Each pad is soaked in the exfoliating liquid and has a smooth and a more textured side.  I use the more textured side in my cheeks, chin and forehead and keep the more delicate side for my eyes and lips.  I find that they are very generously soaked, but in an ideal world I would just buy the lotion and use my own cotton pad.

I have noticed a real change using these. When I first started I had just returned from holiday and my skin was slightly thickened due to the sun and I had a tan.  I wanted something to soften my skin and help bring down my tan to a shade that was somewhat closer to my usual foundation and concealer shades.  These did both these things really well.  I think my skin looks much fresher after using and I will definitely add these to my long term skin care routine.  They also don't sting or make your skin feel stripped.  The inclusion of glycerin and hyaluronic acid makes them beautifully moisturising on my oily skin. The active ingredients are lactic and glycolic acid along with a variety of fruit acids which work to dissolve any dead skin cells of debris on your skin.

Would I buy them again?  Without a doubt.



6 comments:

  1. Ooh, glad you're loving these! They sound like a perfect balance between being gentle and effective. Will have to test them out :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using these pads daily for several months. I cut them in half, and I find a half of a pad enough for my face and neck.
    Since following Caroline Hirons' recomendatiions, my skin has continued to improve on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why did I not think of that! What a genius idea Diane! I tried it this morning and your right You have the best skincare tips xxxx

      Delete
  3. I am glad you found this tip useful. I get so many great tips from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look identical to the Nip-+ Fab Glycolic Fix Pads (I think First Aid Beauty might be part of the same company. It's all part of the same company as Rodial as well). Anyway, I use the N+F ones which are also amazing, they're a few pounds cheaper as well. Can get them at Boots xx

    Sarah | seriouslyshallow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is why I love blogging, another great tip! Will definitely keep a look out in boots particularly on the their 3 for 2 offer times. xx

      Delete

Google Analytics Alternative