expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

21 Nov 2012

Keeping Romance Alive



I have been with my husband for over 8 years now and with 3 kids, we don't get to spend toO much uninterupted time together. We have found the best way to feel like we are still a couple, not just Mum and Dad is to have regular "date nights" roughly once a week, and a couple of times a year we get to spend the whole day together without our kids. Yesterday was one of those days. It's a great way for us to do all those lovely things that pass you by in normal life. We are so lucky to live a 30 min train ride from the centre of London, yet we rarely enjoy the city and all it has to offer.

I like to plan the sort of day that new couples would plan, full of new places to eat, glam bars and wearing my best clothes.

I spent the day before running around arranging childcare, meals and tidying. Which meant I could relax and enjoy my day without any worries.


After unloading the children I was free to grab a takeout coffee to enjoy on the train, it's such a luxury to read and drink in peace, without fear of spills or interuptions.


When I arrived in London I went to my husbands swanky gym that overlooks the Thames. I did half an hour of interval running on the treadmill using my Merrell Barefoot trainers which are supposed to promote correct posture, all I know is that my calves burned like mad after I finished, so I guess something must have worked. I listened to plenty of inspiring of workout songs, my favorites are Skyfall by Adele (for warmup) Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepson (such utter tripe, but still very good to run too) and some old school Beyonce, Rhianana and Shakira.


Then I went in the pool for 15mins of swimming, I really enjoy putting on my goggles and swimming under water, though obviously not 15 minutes continuously.


nuffield-health-city


I also tried a new thing, which is probably old hat to everyone else. It is called jacuzzi spa bed. They are medieval looking metal contraptions that you lay on under water and then jacuzzi jets pummel you. You need to hang on, or you'll be shot into space. They felt great after all that hard work (or more like all that faffing around) The best thing about jacuzzis is that they are excellent for cleaning diamond jewellry. They bring up your engagement ring as good as new and your nails get a good clean too, this was very handy as I was wearing 2 coats of Essie Mademoiselle and I was worried that my nail tips weren't white enough for such a sheer polish.

We then went to Zorita's Kitchen on the Northbank of the Thames.  It is a small Spanish Restaurant that is part of a Organic Spanish Food Shop, it serves top quality Spanish meats and cheese with great wine, all from the Hacienda Zorita farms.  We had a meat and a cheese platter with wine and bread, it was great to try some new cheeses and the membrillo was fantastic.
zoritas-kitchen

After the food we walker over the Millenium Bridge and along the Southbank to the Christmas Market by the London Eye. We got some Mulled Wine and shopped for nick-nacks. When we tired of walking we went to Thomasina Miers fantastic Wahaca Restaurant.  It serves authentic Mexican street food and a wide variety of Tequilas and Margaritas. We had Pork Pibil Tacos, Chicken Quessildillas, Cactus Tacos, Potato Taquitos and a corn and bean salad.  The food was great as were the Reposado Tequilas.
wahaca-southbank

After all that eating it was time for more walking, we crossed back over the Thames and up The Strand via an old pub called the Coal Hole, then at Trafalgar Square we had a quick detour into The National Portrait Gallery and then onto Regent Street to see the lights.  We popped into Regents Street's Food Quarter to Piccolino for a drink in an outside bar with beautiful outdoor heaters and then finished it all off with a walk up Oxford Street to Bond Street.piccollino
It was a great day, we talked lots, walked lots and held hands.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative