expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

18 Sept 2014

Caudalie Polyphenol C15 review

If like me you love a bargain then this is the post for you. This is one of the best deals I have seen for a while. I have mentioned in a previous post that I love Latest in Beauty’s Boxes.  I like knowing what I am getting in advance and so they are ideal for people like me who are far too fussy about products to spend £10 on what is essentially a lucky dip.  The first one I ordered contained 3 decent sized samples of Caudalie's Polyphenol range for £9.95 inc P&P, the contents are worth around £30!

Here's what I got for my money.

Caudalie Polyphenol C15 sample reviews latest in Beauty
Look how cute the mini pipette bottle is, that is going to go in my collection of "things to repurpose for travelling" which inevitably get forgotten when I actually travel.


Full price for 30mls is £35 so works out at £11ish.

Caroline Hirons rates this, which is always a plus for me, as everything she reviews I agree with (except using flannels not muslins).  I really like this serum, I am alternating it with Soap and Glory's Make Yourself Youthful Rejuvenating Serum and it is great.  The glass bottle with pipette is a really nice touch and give it a sciencey feel along with making it feel like a quality product.  The texture is nice and silky, yet it sinks in almost immediately.  It is packed full of antioxidants such as polyphenols and stabilised vitamin C which are supposed to zap all the nasty free radicals created by suns and pollution damage. I will have to wait a couple of years to see whether this truly works, but it does seem to plump fine lines, which I guess is the hyaluronic acid at work. Overall a really nice product which I will repurchase when I have enough money to spend on nonessential skincare items.

Full price for 15 mls is £26 so works out at £8ish.

This is the real star of the box.  It can be worn under makeup and feels lovely on, not tacky or overly slippy.  It contains Matrixyl 3000 which is one of those ingredients you usually only get in top-end anti-wrinkle creams. This, along with Retinol, is one of the few proven ingredients that can reduce signs of ageing. I apply this both morning and night and it really smooths the lips ready for lip products.  I am definitely getting this again, it seems to be lasting really well, as you only need the tiniest amount.  For £26 for 15ml this seems pretty good value for the quality of the ingrediants.

Full price for 40ml is £29 so works out at £11ish

I like the idea of this, as it supposedly protects skin while smoothing and hydrating. I have a sneaky feeling that, like most SPF's, it breaks me out.  I am pretty gutted about this as I thought this was perfect to wear when going out for a run (trudge around the park) as it is light yet protects me from the sun.  I will however try again in couple of weeks time when it is a different time of the month (ahem!) Currently not re-purchasing due to bumpy skin.

I am really happy with this box and will definitely repurchase the Eye and Lip Cream, and probably the Serum.  I have even considered just buying another box as it works out cheaper than buying them full price!  I have been using them for 2 weeks now and have not got even vaguely close to using them up.

Has anyone else had any luck with this range.  It's aimed at those who are 30+ and I can see myself trying more and more from their lovely looking arsenal of anti-ageing products. I always avoided them in the past as they seemed like one of those organic/ineffective companies but I will eat my words.  I like Caudalie.  Now I just need to learn how to say it, good job I'm a blogger not a Youtuber.




2 comments:

  1. That is super good value. I haven't tried Caudalie yet, but this is making me seriously think about it! its a great way to get started. I haven't seen much about Latest in Beauty either, will have to check them out!

    Sarah | seriouslyshallow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice little set! I have the serum and quite like it and, wow, the eye cream sounds great too :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative