expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

15 May 2014

Best Facial Sunscreen for Oily Skin

As I have mentioned before (ad naseum) I have oily skin.  It is a royal pain in the ass to buy sunscreen for as you can imagine, as most sunscreen are formulated with moisturising ingredients in them to counteract the drying effect of the sun.  Now there is one thing my skin doesn't need and it is more moisture.  I have been using Cellex C Suncare for the last couple of years and it's not bad, it does however cost a bomb and is still a little more greasy than I would like.

Until I found this little beauty I always sported a natural sheen every summer when sunscreen season came round, or more likely I just skipped it and hoped the pitiful SPF in my foundation would suffice.

Then one day I was browsing my favourite ever skincare range in a old fashioned pharmacy near me and saw this offered as samples.  I took one expecting it to be the usual old slick, shiny cream, I fully intended to keep it in my handbag as a backup for the kids. I was ridiculously surprised to find it was exactly what I had been looking for.

La-Roche-Posay-Antihelios-XL-Review-Oily


I guess if I had bothered to read the package rather than just going "ooooh free stuff" then I would have noticed that is said "melt-in" but even if I had, I probably would have thought it sounded waxy rather than the lovely texture that it actually is.

Now like all sunscreens it isn't perfect as it leaves a slight (and I mean slight) white tint to your skin after application, but nothing that can't be solved with a quick slick of foundation and a touch extra bronzer.

La-Roche-Posay-Antihelios-XL-Review-Oily



The best thing about it is that it is SPF 50 so no need to keep reapplying during the day, unless your swimming etc... Anyway enough of my waffle, check it out here La Roche-Posay Antihelios XL

I hope you all have a lovely weekend, and the sun shines so we can all get to use some sunscreen for once!

Edit:  I bought the full size version of this at the weekend as it is on offer at Boots at the moment with a third off so just £10!  I went for the tinted variation and it leaves no white cast what so ever, it is a bit tacky upon application, but this is gone within seconds. If you have very pale skin I would stick with the original formula though as the tint in the cream leaves a nice glow that may look weird on very pale skin.







10 comments:

  1. This sounds very promising! I have oily skin as well and always struggle to find sunscreens that don't make me shiny or break me out. Will have to check this one out :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a go, it has made the difference between me relying on my foundation for coverage and applying a dedicated sunscreen that works. I got mine with a third off in Boots too so it's only £10 at the moment!

      Delete
  2. Hi Donna,
    I have used this sunscreen regularly for the past few years. My skin is on the oily side, more so in summer. I still get a bit of a sheen with this sunscreen. Yesterday I bought the La Roche Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral sunscreen. It has a bit of a tint and is matte. You have to shake it before use. It has received a lot of blog love and positive reviews on the La Roche Posay website, so I thought I would give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tell me how it goes, I love their products! x

      Delete
    2. I have now been using the Anthelios Mineral SPF 50 Sunscreen for about 10 days, and it seems to work well, does not oxidize on my skin, and has not broken me out. The tint is very minimal, and it seems to be less oily than many sunscreens I have tried, although I am not sure I would consider it matte. I like it and will be wearing it the rest of the summer.

      Delete
    3. I ended up with the tinted version in then end after reading your comments and it is a little sticky upon application, but leaves no white glow, bring on Summer!

      Delete
  3. La Roche posay's Uvidea sunscreen is fantastic for oily skin as well, and although it is only SPF 30, it leaves no hint of white at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is hard to get a Bad La Roche Posay sunscreen!

      Delete
  4. Have you ever used Clinique City Block, and if so, how does this compare? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried the Clinique one as it was the market leader for ages, but this is a million times less white than city block, it is a real improvement. x

      Delete

Google Analytics Alternative