expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

30 Jul 2014

MUA Poptastic Palette Review

Seen as it's summer I thought a little colour may eventually be in order.  I went out to buy a Sleek palette but when I saw this beauty for only £4 I figured it was worth a shot.

MUA-Poptastic-Palette-Review-swatch

As you can see in the picture below all the colours are highly pigmented and suffer from minimal fallout on application. I must say that I like the purples and blues the best, especially the shimmery ones.  I also have to question MUA's sanity in including a bright pink/red colour, this could only be worn a long distance from you actual eye otherwise your just going to look as though you have allergies.

MUA-Poptastic-Palette-Review-swatch

With regards to lasting power, I have noticed the blue and purples can easily last the day.  Here is a picture of the same shades as above but after some vigourous rubbing, so you can see how well they last.


I would love to try some of the amazing eye makeup looks that you see on Pinterest but I don't suit full-on make up so here are the sort of looks I do with it.




As usual, they are hardly going to set the fashion world on fire with their originality to but sometimes it's nice to have a pop of colour.

Pros
  • 12 colours for just £4
  • Good lasting power on the darker shades
  • Some nice shimmer effects without being OTT
  • Great way to try some new looks without breaking the bank


Cons
  • Small size of each individual shadow
  • Packaging sucks as always, this is a shame as some of MUA other products have cute packaging
  • Horrid bright pink colour, should have been a shimmery dark emerald green in my opinion


All-in-all this is a great palette for trying something new and also to see what kinds of colours work well with your eyes/complexion.  

If it takes your fancy Buy here for just £4.





1 comment:

  1. Ooh, what a fun, colourful palette! I've been curious to try MUA and this would be a cool way to get acquainted to the brand :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative