expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

4 Jun 2014

Tropical Print Skirt with Curves and Not Being 20!

I love all the statement skirts floating around Pinterest and the shops at the moment but the look seems (as per usual) better suited to younger, slimmer girls than me.

Now, not being one to be easily defeated I saw this beautiful AX Paris tropical print skirt on Very (for just £22!) and decided I would give it a go.  I had images of me floating around Spain this Summer all bronzed glossy limbs and swishy hair.  As delivery is free if you use Collect +, I figured I would have nothing to loose.  I ordered it and when it arrived I really liked it, but... not with just a cami as they are generally worn.

statement-skirt-curvy-tropical-print



I think my skin has got more and more uneven as I have gotten older.  I now see why tights are so popular with the 40+ crowd.  So I donned a nice thick pair of black opaques and a cardie (see I am so getting middle aged) and here is the look I came up with.   I have left the cami untucked as I have a short top half of my body, which looks really strange if I tuck things in or overemphasise my waist with a belt.  I think it looks fashionable without being mutton dressed as lamb, I hope!

statement-skirt-curvy-tropical-print


I accessorised it with my trusty antique gold and fluro necklace from New Look, a pair of cute earrings from Accessorise (my favourite shop ever for earrings) and Tanya Burr Nail Varnish in Bright and Early.  Ok, I didn't actually get as far as painting my nails yet, as I have a nursery pickup to do in half an hour, but I will when I wear this out on a date night with The Husband. No really I will, maybe...if I can be bothered.







3 comments:

  1. Love the shape of the skirt! Very summery. I prefer it with the darker shades, I think it makes the print more wearable. Gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look absolutely gorgeous.........Fab legs girl, don't worry about younger slimmer girls, those pins are to die for! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous summery print. So pretty! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative