expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

25 Nov 2011

Felbridge Spa Review

I thought it was about time I wrote a review about one of my favourite places.

The Felbridge Hotel and Spa in Felbridge near Gatwick is my chosen place to escape from the world.
I have been here 4 times now and I'm sure I will again.  I can drive there within 45 mins, the prices are always good yet the facilities and service are great and I always leave feeling more positive about the world, which has to be a good thing with 3 kids.

Go to Felbridge Hotel Gatwick East Grinstead home page

The first time I visited was by accident.  I was supposed to be jetting of to The Grenadines on my honeymoon when a snow storm struck and we ended up snowed in!

We looked on the internet and found a hotel near Gatwick that we could try to get to, so we could get the next flight out instead and stumbled upon this gem.  I was looking for something that would still feel like a treat after the dissapointment of ou missed flight and this place really delivered.
We managed to slowly crawl our way there in the car and then we were shown to a lovely stylish modern room.

The beds are extremely comfortable, the decor tasteful and the bathrooms are stocked with Elemis. Hoorah!
We got changed and headed down to the Spa area for a massage and some Jacuzzi time.  The treatment rooms are clean and modern and the massage was much needed given the stresses we had just encountered.


Next we relaxed in the pool, Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna and ordered a cocktail to sip whilst wallowing.

After the relaxation we headed back to our rooms to get changed and then to go dine in the 2 AA rosette restaurant downstairs.  The decor of Anise is in keeping with the rest of the hotel and the food is really amazing for the price.  My husband and I enjoy dining at 3* Michelin Restaurants and this compared very favourably.  I believe it has won the award for "Best Eating Experience in Sussex" and it is well deserved.


I absolutely recommend this place.  You can regularly get special offers that make the price very reasonable.  My Husband and I went back the following year on our anniversary and I have also been back for a girly break and a Hen Party.  Every time I have been happy with everything about the stay.  They also do a fantastic afternoon tea!

For £167 per person you can get this package on a weekend
  • Overnight accommodation in a Superior Double/Twin Room
  • One bottle of champagne on arrival
  • 25 min back, neck and shoulder massage
  • Full use of the Chakra Spa, fitness centre, swimming pool, sauna, steam room and spa pool
  • Dinner in the 2 AA Rosette Anise Fine Dining Restaurant (4 courses per person from the set Anise menu)
  • Breakfast in the Bay Tree Restaurant
LL x





No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative