expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

23 Nov 2011

5 products I would not be without

These are the products I buy again and again and again.... they work and they don't break the bank.



1. Herbal Essences Conditioners
I have used these for years and nothing beats them for being able to comb your hair through when wet. I have long highlighted hair and these help keep it in acceptable condition. Also super cheap! For those of you who don't like Silicones in your hair products look away now, as the reason these make hair so manageable is the use of Dimethacone

2. Boots Simply Sensitive Foaming Cleansing Wash
Originally called boots expert gentle cleanser. I bought this after reading Paula Begoun's books, they advised using gentler cleansers so I switched to this and was surprised how cheap and effective it was. I have one of these next to my hand basin and one in the shower. You can usually pick these up on Boots 3 for 2 skincare offers so they work out about £2 each. They remove make up easily and the foaming pump makes it easy to use. I use this with my Clarisonic.

3. Bare Escentuals Mineral Make Up
I bought this for my wedding back in 2009 with the hope it would give me the perfect beautiful bridal skin. I can't say my skin looked perfect, but it looked better than it ever had before. I still use this now as I have oily skin and this helps keep the oil under control. The coverage is just perfect and it gives a lovely sheen. The main complaint about mineral foundations is the mess they create, the best way to help avert the constant dust created by the usual method of application is to decant the powder into salt pot (as pretty as you can find) and then pour the right amount into the palm if your hand and use the kabuki to swirl it on. I also use Revlon Colour Stay when I need super long lasting coverage and Bourjois Healthy Mix when I want some moisturising too.  

4. L'Oreal Million Lashes

I used Lancome Hypnose for years then one day forgot my make up bag and so had to go buy a cheap mascara just to last the weekend. I took a chance on this after hearing so many positive reviews and loved it. The separation and lengthening is perfect. 

5. Clinique Superbalm Moisturising Gloss
Very wearable shades, especially Grapefruit. Not too gloopy, feels very moisturising.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative