expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

26 Nov 2014

November Empties

I love a good empties post, it's when you get to see whether something perfomed past the first flush of infatuation and into it's twilight years.

Here is what I saved from the bin for your viewing pleasure this month.

november-empties

The Best


Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Wash 

This is a firm favourite in my house, everyone likes using it, including my Husband.  Silky and moisturising with a fresh sweet lime cheesecake scent.  Only slight downside is the price but if it's on 3 for 2 then it only works out at £4.30 per bottle.  This last me about 3 months as the pump stops you using too much.  The empty bottle can also be repurposed for shampoo/conditioner holders for the kids so they don't use a third of a bottle every time they wash their hair.

Botanics Cleansing Foam Wash

You have seen me using this before, I know your not supposed to use foaming washes, but this one is so gentle and effective, it doesn't break me out and is a dream on oily skin. The best part is it's only £4 but often they have half price so you can pick it up for £2!

Retinol Reface by Indeed Labs

I have a whole post on this over here.  I love this silky retinol treatment for the face.  It is a bit siliconey which may not be everyone's taste but it doesn't leave me greasy and can be layered with other face products easily.  The price isn't too shabby either at £19.99 and it's regularly on 3 for 2. I already have another one in my backup drawer waiting for my to finish my ROC Deep Wrinkle Night Cream.

MAC Fluidline in Dipdown

I actually got to within 10% of finishing this baby before it went dry which, I'm sure you'll agree, is a miracle with gel eyeliners.  The colour is lovely and can be worn on a daily basis without being too dramatic, you can build it up for evening looks too so you can go all dramatic without having to wear black.  This really lasts and is on my re-buy list now. £15.50

Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in Addiction

I have re-bought this already as it is only £4.  A your-lips-but-better neutral colour.  It glides on nicely and is retractable so no sharpening needed.  It lasts well, though not amazingly.  I use this as a lip colour when I don't know what to wear.  Then I just layer on a coloured gloss or balm to give more depth. Another good colour in this range and not as dark is East End Snob, I hate the name but a good mid tone pink for everyday wear.


The Meh


Tres Semme Liquid Gold

This used to be my go-to hair serum, that is till I tried the Organix version that smells divine and is identical.  I don't believe the Moroccan Oil hype as it's first few ingredients are all silicones so the amount of Argan Oil left will be negligible.  See more detailed post here.  I do think that this is a good serum when it's on offer I bought mine at Superdrug and it was on offer so was £2.99 (usually 6.99) which is great for a decent quality serum with a pump.

Victor and Rolf Flowerbomb

I really wanted to love this but it just didn't have the sillage or the depth that makes a great scent for me.  I found it good as a Spring/Summer everyday perfume but nothing truly amazing.  Luckily it was a gift from Duty Free as I would have been gutted if I had paid for it.

The Dreadful


Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish

What was all the hype about! Seriously this stuff strips your skin and leaves it red and I have very robust skin that very rarely reacts to anything.  It gave me a lovely collection of blemishes within days of using it.  I discontinued use and then tried again with the same results.  I definite no for me, maybe better for others *I doubt it*

Scholl Cuticle and Nail Cream

Dull, boring, ineffective...  I didn't even finish it (and I had owned it for about 5 years) I'm going to stick with Sweet Almond Oil in future decanted into the cute little Solar Oil bottles which is pretty much what Solar Oil is anyway.

Aussie 3 Min Miracle Light Deep Treatment Mousse

I am the biggest fan of their original 3 Minute Miracle and have been using it for about 15 years, I love the smell, the feel of it and the result I get.  It's even a good price.  But this... Oh dear... I can't even brush it through my hair it has no "slip" so you can't comb it through your hair to evenly spread it and detangle.  I ended up using a handful about the size of a hedgehog to get any detangling going on at all.  Then, if I wasn't unimpressed enough, it decided to constantly dispense the remainder of the container down my shower walls for the next 3 hours until it was completely empty.  Definitely wins award for Biggest Let Down of 2014.

Offending article on the left :(


So there you have it, a trawl through my trash.









5 comments:

  1. A kindred spirit, I never did get the hype over the Liz Earle cleanse & polish, I thought I was the only one! It leaves my skin feeling worse than when I started, its so drying and breaks me out. I've been wanting to try the Retinol from indeed labs, I use a lot of there products, so thanks for the review. Lotty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I'm not alone, I thought I was just some weirdo. xx

      Delete
  2. I was getting really tempted to try the Liz Earle cleanse and polish after everyone had been raving about it...might not bother and just stick to what I know after reading this!

    http://alexandrakaty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha 'twilight years', your posts always make me smile! I must try the Sugar Crush wash, can't believe I haven't ever tried it! I'm with you on the Aussie stuff, I've never liked anything from them. Don't get why people rave about them! xxx

    Sarah | seriouslyshallow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same problem with the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle mousse! I actually really liked this product, but I've only been able to use three time because the remainder went all over my shower! Also had to throw away their dry shampoo because the gas in the can ran out after two uses.. really not impressed with Aussie products :/ Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative