expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

7 Aug 2014

Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Review

I had to say goodbye to one of my favourite hair products this week when my Tres Semme Liquid Gold ran out.  I have really loved this and it has lasted me for an entire year. I apply 2 pumps after I have washed my hair, to help comb it through and it has done a great job at keeping my frizzy damaged ends under control.  You can also use a small amount to smooth ends once your hair it styled..



Organix-Renewing-Moroccan-Argan-Oil-Review


I popped into Superdrug to get a replacement and it was £7, I then saw this little beauty for £3.50 and so thought it was worth a try.

I need to mention the obvious here, which is why do I not use Moroccan Oil?  It is very simple, the price is ridiculous and the main ingredients in it are just silicones, the same as the main ingredient in Frizz Ease and these 2 little dupes.  I imagine the Argan oil helps, but I doubt it can be that effective at such small concentrations.  I may be wrong but I doubt it.  See this post on the hype around Moroccan Oil by a beauty product developer.  Also see ingredient list at the bottom for proof.

First Impressions


Packaging- I like the size and the design but not the lack of pump.  I must say that it actually comes out without getting all over the cap, but still I would prefer a pump.

Smell - gorgeous, really fresh and pretty.

Amount - 100ml compared to Tres Semme 75ml, bonus!  Considering Moroccan Oil cost 10 times the price for the same amount this is a serious bargain.

Organix-Renewing-Moroccan-Argan-Oil-Review
Sucky stupid lid...should have had a pump

Organix-Renewing-Moroccan-Argan-Oil-versus-tres-Semme-Liquid-Gold


Does it work?


Yes, yes and more yes!  This is even better than the Tres Semme, I thinks the 20 or so, Boots reviews giving it 5 stars speak for themselves.  I applied this as usual after washing and brushed it through with a paddle brush before bed.  I don't use a dryer on my hair unless it is a special occasion so I just let it dry over night.  When I woke up my hair felt really soft and healthy, it even seemed to dry quicker whilst I watched Hannibal in bed.

Organix-Renewing-Moroccan-Argan-Oil-Review
My hair after sleeping on it and without adding any product or styling


Would I buy it again?


Absolutely, hopefully at the same price though ;)

Word of caution regarding silicone use - You have to be careful using silicones in your hair to avoid build up, which is why I use Tres Semme Deep Cleansing shampoo once a month or so to strip (I use that word, as it is exactly what this does) my hair of all products build up.  Don't expect beautifully silky hair after using this, but expect very light flyaway hair with no build up on it.












Ingredients List for Morroccan Oil

INGREDIENTS: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl Methyl Propional, Argania Spinoza Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed ) Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone

Ingredients List for Organix

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Argania Spinoza
(Argan) Kernel Oil, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Parfum, CI 47000 (Yellow 11), CI 21600 (Red 17), Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Limonene, Linalool

Ingredients List for Tres Semme

Cyclopentasiloxane ,Isododecane,Dimethicone,Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil,Zea Mays Oil,Tocopherol,Dimethicone Crosspolymer,Lycopene,Parfum,Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone,Benzyl Alcohol,Benzyl Salicylate,Butylphenyl Methylpropional,Citronellol,Geraniol,Hexyl Cinnamal,Limonene,Linalool




No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative