expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

6 Apr 2014

March Favourites

Wow, that went quick!

Here's what I've been loving this month.

march-favourites

Eve Lom Cleansing Balm - £85!


About 10 years ago this was THE cult beaty product, but it seems to have fallen out of favour when Liz Earle created a cheaper version.  I can't believe I forgot how good this is.  Lovely texture for massaging and strangely comforting smell, I have broken out the muslins (of which there are many due to multiple kiddies) and my skin is much smoother because of this hideously over-priced cleansing balm. Here is a smaller one at Feel Unique, it has doubled in price since I last purchased it!

MUA Undress Me Too Palette - £4.00


No surprises here, see this post for me waxing lyrical. I find myself reaching for this at least every other day along with my trusty Revlon "attitude" quad.  I like the sheen that these shades give, they are suitable for everyday wear, my only bug bear is their staying power but this could be due to my skin.  To combat this I regularly apply over a base coat of Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Permanent Taupe.

La Roche Posay Cicaplast Hand Cream - £6.50


I have covered this in my Hand Cream Round Up post.  This has really helped with my super dry hands, I think mainly because I have forced it into my routine by applying it both morning and night after cleansing, so I don't forget it.

Phyto 7 cream "Or" Hydrating Day Cream - £13.50


I had my hair professionally highlighted this month (OMG! real hairdressers!) and so it is somewhat similar to straw so I cracked out the big guns, and tried this classic hair treat. So glad I did, my hair feels back to usual now (well at least while it's on it does.)  I love the gold packaging and you just need a pea sized amount on your hair after washing and before styling.  It doesn't weigh down fine hair and helps my hair look less frizzy at the ends. It is not super cheap but nor is it top end prices either.  I got it as part of a travel kit of Phyto products including a makeup bag for £12.99, which was a stellar deal but it is normally £13.50.  

phyto-travel-kit



Non beauty


Web- Caroline Hirons site


A reader recommended this site to me (thanks you Diane!) Such a lot of info, so few hours in the day. I like her no-nonsense attitude even if some of her points I disagree with, her skin does look though. I have been trying out her routine for about 2 weeks now, it's hard to say whether there have been any improvement. So far I have noticed softer skin, but also more oil.  I am going to stick with it for at least a month though so I can see how it fairs over a full cycle.  For newbies to her site I recommend starting with the cheat sheets.

TV - American Horror Story Series 3 - Coven


I loved the scone series of this too.  The acting is top notch, it looks beautiful and has great story lines.  I like how each series has the same actors, but as different characters and in a different setting. It raises a lot of questions about racism and women's appearances, so not just some Hollywood tripe.  It also stars Jessica Lange, Gibourey Sidibe and Kathy Bates!

American-Horror-Story-Coven


Food - Granola and Yoghurt.  


I have had to stop eating this as it feels so healthy, but it isn't!  I get the creamy Greek Natural Yoghurt from Lidl (£1 for 4) the yoghurt is really creamy yet tart, perfection!  I also use Lidl's crunchy oat cereal with tropical fruit (it got a Grocers award for taste). I put it in a french glass yoghurt pot, and it looks so cute, this also stops me eating too much.  I could eat this for every breakfast and every snack, I must stop, not good for the waist or my teeth.

granola-and-yoghurt




Well that's me for this month, It was really hard limiting my choices as I have tried lots of new things this month but I only wanted to cover those I could honestly hand on heart recommend.

4 comments:

  1. You are really making me want to buy that MUA palette so bad! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your post on the MUA palettes sums up my feelings on this bargain palette much better than mine

      http://seriouslyshallow.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/review-mua-undress-me-too-palette.html

      Delete
  2. Wonderful post. I can't use the Eve Lom cleanser because the mineral oil in it breaks me out. I use the Emma Hardie Moringa Balm cleanser (from Feel Unique), and it works well for my skin.

    Granola and Yoghurt: great reminder of a wonderful snack or light breakfast! Thanks for the suggestion and inspiration!
    Diane in Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fear that I may have found out the hard way the same thing. I got to spots on my cheek (I never get spots there) just after I posted this! I may have to try the Emma Hardie. Thank again for the recommendation! xx

      Delete

Google Analytics Alternative