expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

28 Mar 2014

Travel Beauty Kit

Yeah! nearly the weekend. I have a Christening to attend this weekend, which means travel and therefore travel beauty.

I have meant to do one of these posts in ages, but couldn't figure out how to get a photo of the copious amount of beauty paraphernalia I take, without it looking like clear-out day at the Cats Protection League Charity Shop.

Unfortunately I have not actually fixed the previous issue I was having and so you will be treated to me and my most cack-handed attempts at photographing my kit.

I spent a good hour fiddling around in my bedroom figuring out what to take (whilst watching Youtube videos) and I reckon this should cover most eventualities.

My new Travel Wash Bag is packed to overflowing with travel sized goodies, and rather than list them all out and bore you to tears, I will let you have a visual scrabble around and see what I have taken.  A lot of these things are my second best items or ones that are nearly finished, very few of them are must haves.

travel-beauty-kit

This photo is so poor, none of the labels are even facing up!  Obviously there are boring things like cotton pads and buds, earplugs, eye mask, shower cap (gotta love a bit of granny chic) deodorant, brush, razor, toothbrush etc...



I have stolen the MUA palette in Undress Me Too from my £30 Bargain Make Up look along with the foundation, powder and mascara.  This is because the products are really that good and I am enjoying using them so much that I refuse to leave them behind at the moment.  In addition I have taken;-

  • Urban Decay De-slick - I always take this when my makeup has to last, I don't know if it works but the placebo effect reassures me.  
  • Clinique Pore Minimiser - this is slightly tinted and siliconey, but it gives a smooth base for foundation application
  • Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blush in Flush - this is really long lasting and such a pretty colour 
  • Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Permanent Taupe - great base for my eye look and can be used on brows too
  • Benefit High Beam - got in a set, just the right size for a travelling highlighter
  • Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya - still obsessed, sorry



I only really need 5 brushes to achieve most looks (see this post for more info) so I just added on an eyebrow comb, black eyeliner and my new La-tweez tweezers.  The tweezers are seriously good for the £5 I paid in TK Maxx.  My last 2 pairs were Space NK  and Tweezerman (both £20 a go), but when one of my little darling lost them for me, I decided to give a cheaper pair a go.  These have lovely handles too, they came with a travel case and are great for detail work!

So there you have it.  I have also taken my ladybird paddle brush too but it doesn't fit in either of my cosmetics bags, so is just dumped un-ceremoniously in with my undies.

Feel free to sign up with Bloglovin above for more inane ramblings





No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative