expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

24 Feb 2014

Blogging Awards

I was just nominated for a Liebster award by Sarah from Seriously Shallow. Please take a trip over and view her great blog.   

The award is for bloggers that have less than 200 followers and is a great way to discover new or niche blogs.  There is no prize or judges, it is just a nod of recognition for upcoming bloggers, and an excellent way to find something new to read.


liebster-award


Sarah gave me these questions to answer and then I get to nominate my own Boutique Bloggers and get to set them some questions (yeah!)

What is your first make-up memory?

I think it's the same as most girls, it would be doing my dolls makeup with a biro and whatever else I could lay my hands on.  I was obviously crazily talented at this! My first real makeup was either Natural Collection at Boots or those little tubs of lip balm from the Bodyshop.  I used to keep it in my pencil tin and apply it like it was the most exclusive lipstick ever.

What makes you follow a blog?
  • Great design, I'm a sucker for a good looking blog, great photography and typography work for me.
  • Honest writing, without pretension, I like people to say it like it is, as i'm a northerner who just happens to live down south.
What is the one blogging trick you’ve learnt since starting?

Taking good quality photos and including alt tags for them to make them searchable on google images.

How did you choose your blog name and what does it mean?

I chose my blog name as I was trying to find a name that showed that my life is often lived in opposing directions.  I am a stay at home Mum, but I also love all things OTT and glamorous, you can imagine my confusion with school run fashion.

Your desert island beauty item is… 

Waterproof Mascara.  When I'm on holiday it is often the only thing I wear.  I reckon it is the only makeup item that can be worn in isolation.

If money was no object, what beauty products would you buy?

  • Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette - I can't justify it when i have 4 palettes on the go at the moment.
  • Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair - Again I am put of by the £45+ price tag, what happens if its pants?
  • GHD's - I use a Wahl ceramic Hair Straightener  at the moment, and I find it hard to believe that these can justify the extreme price tag, but it would be nice to know for sure.
  • Tarte Blushers, they look amazing but again if I pick the wrong shade I would be gutted.

If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be and why?

I don't really do regret, I am so lucky to have the life I do and so I feel that if I changed anything my life would be different and that would be awful.  The only thing I would/could change that I don't imagine would have a knock on effect is that I would have brushed my teeth more as a child, and therefore saved myself some painful and expensive dental work.

When do you feel prettiest?

I'm not really a pretty type of girl, but I feel the most attractive when I have the luxury of plenty of time to get ready. I really enjoy a couple of hours with a great playlist, a glass of Sauvignon Blanc, and my iPad to watch Youtube Beauty Channels on.

What makes your heart jump for joy? 

A new book from favourite author and the time to read it uninterupted.  I am the worlds biggest bookworm, follow me on good reads for recommendations. I am currently reading JK Rowlings book The Casual Vacancy
and then I have The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt which I have waited 10 years for.


What do you do for your ‘day job’? 

Currently I stay at home with my children but I used to be a Business Analyst in an Investment bank.  Other random jobs I have done include the makeup counter at the Bodyshop, Mystery Shopper (not as glam as it sounds), Companion, Nappy Laundry Owner and Cook. Despite all of these random jobs my degree is in Media hence blogging.

What post are you most proud of on your blog? 
Probably French Living Manifesto, it got over 8000 hits and it sums up a lot of the changes I have made as I have got older.  I still try to work on these things now, and it is like my own personal creed.

So here are my nominations...

  • Nina at http://makeuploviingmummy.blogspot.co.uk
  • Lisa at http://beautyslicedaily.blogspot.co.uk
  • Stacey at http://beautydiaryy.blogspot.co.uk
  • Jenny at http://beautalee.blogspot.co.uk

And here are their questions.  

  1. What inspires you?
  2. Who is your style role model?
  3. Who are your fantasy dinner party invites?
  4. What songs are your favourite to get ready to?
  5. What is your Holy Grail Beauty item, that you just couldn't live without?
  6. What is your favourite drink?
  7. What is your favourite Season
  8. Where would you go on holiday if you could only go to one place (money no object)
  9. What is your favourite book and why?

I can't wait to read your answers 





1 comment:

  1. I love your blog name! You have confused me with these alt tags that you speak of but I'll check them out now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative