expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

21 Jan 2015

Packing Beauty Products for Travel

I am an obsessive organiser, there is nothing I like better than a good re-organise, which is lucky as I have a whole load of c*** that usually needs it.

Travel-beauty-kit-organise

Travel-beauty-kit-organise


Last weekend I set about sorting out my ever-expanding travel wash bag.  It started quite small but as always has grown out of all recognition.  I needed something that would work when I staying away from home and had versions of all my favourites products that are easily accessible.  The problem with my old set-up was that I would have to take the whole wash bag into the bathroom to have a shower and then dig around in it just to find the showering essentials, I would then have to bring it back out again to start on my skincare and makeup.  Hardly the end of the world, I know, but still less than ideal.

I re-purposed this vanity case which is sadly no longer available, it has a carry handle and a strap if I want to go hands-free (more likely hold a child's hand).  Inside I have 5 separate pouches that hold each main subgroup of my beauty products (how sad that I have sub-grouped my beauty paraphernalia)


  1. Shower/Bath - this is the home of all the "wet products" so shampoo, conditioner, face wash, body wash, toothbrush etc..
  2. Skincare - contains miniatures of all my AM & PM beauty routine essentials.
  3. Hair care - This is post-wash, so volumiser, hair oil, hairspray etc...
  4. Emergency - needle and thread, ear plugs, ibuprofen and lady products
  5. Nail Care - obvious really, polish, files, remover

Travel-shower-kit
Bath/Shower - the B-Refined face wash is dire by the way.


Travel-skincare-kit
Skincare - travel size-tastic!

Travel-haircare-kit
Haircare - The polish tin actually has bobbles and clips in it.

Emergency!

Travel-nail-kit
Nailcare - I always leave nails to the last minute!


I have another gold makeup pouch that I take too, but the contents of this are in constant flux and so I opted against taking a photo of it.  It doesn't always reside in my travel case anyway as I often keep it in my handbag so technically it would have been classified incorrectly!

There are also a couple of bits that don't fit well in the pods and live in the bottom of the bag, they are; deodorant, perfume, a paddle brush and a fold up mirror.

Travel-beauty-kit-organise


I like this system because I can see at a glance what I ned to stock up on, I can put different "pods" in different places around where I am staying, and it keeps neatly together for travelling and storing.  The pouches are from Asda and the slim ones are just clear pencil cases.

Anyone else out there with such an OTT travel bag for the loves of their life?


3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is so perfectly organized- great idea! Definitely sleeker than my packing ritual- I need to take a page from your book :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post so, so much. Your blog is always fascinating when you talk about organising and collections, you just do it better than any body else. It's scares me how much I liked this post! Something about bags within bags just makes me sigh with pleasure- sad eh! Now off to get an identical system in my life! Xx
    Sarah | seriouslyshallow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do get somewhat over obsessed when it comes to organising things. I am always endlessly fascinated by those what's in your bag posts, or makeup collection posts. You should do one! xx

      Delete

Google Analytics Alternative